Technology and blogging has changed travel. Now you can record and share your experiences with the world at the click of a button.
I love the fact you can blog about your travel as you travel; and in so much more detail than you were able to find in guide books.
I believe in ‘less is more’ when it comes to packing for your travel (see ‘Essential Backpacker Gear List’), but with the help of a small electronic gadget and the internet, you can easily add a new dimension to your travel experience.
Electronic Backpacker Gear List
- Camera / Video camera (with flash memory)
– Consider a video camera as an addition or alternative to your camera.
- Netbook / Laptop
– Geo-tag your travel with built-in GPS.
– Netbook models: HP Mini, Sony Vaio P
- Online storage account
– Free 2 GB at iDrive. Free 25 GB at Windows SkyDrive.
- USB memory stick
- International plug adapter
- And of course, a blog account
Can you think of any other must-have electronic gear for today’s backpacker?